From August 31, 2018 through February 17, 2019, visitors to Heard Natural Science Museum & Wildlife Sanctuary in McKinney, Texas will be able to let their imagination run wild as they travel back in time along a half-mile nature trail with ten life-size animatronic dinosaurs. During the 14th Annual Dinosaurs Live! Life-Size Animatronic Dinosaurs exhibit, these animatronic dinosaurs will move and roar, providing an experience sure to captivate visitors. This exhibit will also offer interesting facts about both herbivorous and carnivorous dinosaurs. The exhibit features the infamous Tyrannosaurus Rex, a spitting Dilophosaurus, a Triceratops, a Suchomimus, a Massospondylus, a Quetzalcoatlus, a Deltadromeus, a Citipati, a Protohadros and a Pachycephalosaurus.
Children and the young at heart will also have the opportunity to play on stationary baby dinosaurs, a photo-op Tyrannosaurus rex and a photo op Pachyrhinosaurus. This year’s exhibit will also a feature an outdoor hadrosaur fossil dig to inspire future paleontologists. The Dinosaurs Live! exhibit trail is jogging-stroller friendly (umbrella strollers are not recommended), giving families and friends a unique, exciting and educational activity to experience together. Dinosaurs Live! is sponsored by NBC5. This exhibit is included in general admission and free for Heard Museum Members.
About Heard Natural Science Museum & Wildlife Sanctuary
Heard Natural Science Museum & Wildlife Sanctuary is a private 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to bringing nature and people together to discover, enjoy, experience, restore and preserve our priceless environment. The Heard was founded in 1967 by Bessie Heard at the age of 80. In a time when the rate of expansion of the Metroplex was slower than today, she foresaw the need to preserve a place where future generations could experience nature. Today, the Heard's mission of bringing nature and people together is carried out through education, particularly of young people, which emphasizes an appreciation of nature and its conservation. For more information, visit heardmuseum.org.
- Sat, Aug 31, 2019 @ 9:00 am
- Sun, Sep 1, 2019 @ 1:00 pm
- Tue, Sep 3, 2019 @ 9:00 am
- Wed, Sep 4, 2019 @ 9:00 am
- Thu, Sep 5, 2019 @ 9:00 am
- Fri, Sep 6, 2019 @ 9:00 am
- Sat, Sep 7, 2019 @ 9:00 am
- Sun, Sep 8, 2019 @ 1:00 pm
- Tue, Sep 10, 2019 @ 9:00 am
- Wed, Sep 11, 2019 @ 9:00 am
- Thu, Sep 12, 2019 @ 9:00 am
- Fri, Sep 13, 2019 @ 9:00 am
- Sat, Sep 14, 2019 @ 9:00 am
- Sun, Sep 15, 2019 @ 1:00 pm
- Starting Saturday, August 31st, 2019, repeated every week on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday until Monday, February 17, 2020 @ 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Starting Sunday, September 1st, 2019, repeated every week on Sunday until Sunday, February 16, 2020 @ 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Feb 16$0-12 (included in general admission)