Details for UT Health East Texas hiring Exercise Specialist
Having trouble applying? Contact support during business hours (8am - 5pm PST) here: Support Assistance
Rehab Services / Therapy
Exercise Specialist, Cedar Creek Lake, 12p-8p, FT Gun Barrel City, TX : 6/20/2019
- The Exercise Specialist is responsible for providing a safe and effective exercise environment for all users of the center by supervising the fitness floor and fitness programs of facility users.
- Performs new user assessments and orientations for Olympic Center members and Health Enhancement program participants
- Creates personalized fitness programs based on user needs and assessment results in accordance with the latest accepted guidelines
- Provides fitness floor supervision, including connecting with each user and providing fitness instruction for facility users
- Provides a safe exercise environment for users by participating in daily facility maintenance tasks and reporting deficiencies to the management team and plant services
- Participates in development and implementation of new programs for facility users
- Provides personal training services as assigned/needed
- Communicates professionally with healthcare providers regarding health status of members and program participants
- Accurately completes all organizational paperwork and functions (i.e. membership agreements, guest registration forms, risk assessments and consent forms)
- Serves as a positive health & fitness role model for members and guests
- Assists with any job related task as needed to ensure users are always served according to the organization’s overall mission and values
- Attends all regularly scheduled staff meetings and participates in required training
- Associates degree or higher in Exercise Science, Health and Kinesiology or related field
- CPR and AED certification.
- Professional fitness certification from an approved organization within first 6 months of employment.
- Must be in good health and able to physically complete a fitness assessment.
- Ability to lift/carry 50lbs.
- Frequent and prolonged bending stooping, crouching, walking, pushing, pulling and standing.
- Must use oral communications to perform work
- Must use written and/or verbal sources of information
- Excellent listening, hearing and visual skills