TERRELL, Texas — The Terrell Police Department's K-9 team has been named a finalist in the running to win a new specially-equipped K-9 SUV.
Community members can vote once a day through October 31, 2019.
Vested Interest in K9s, Inc., a 501c(3) non-profit whose mission is to provide bullet and stab protective vests to K-9 teams across the country is running the giveaway. The organization had previously awarded Terrell Police Department K9 Bolt a protective vest.
The winner will receive a brand new Chevy Tahoe SUV with police pursuit package and customized for a K9 unit.
To vote for the Terrell Police Department, visit https://www.vik9s.org/suvgiveaway, locate the Terrell Police Department, and cast your vote daily.
Since 2009, VIK9s has donated, according to their website:
- More than 3,500 K9 ballistic vests
- 800 K9 opioid reversal NARCAN Kits
- More than $75,000 of K9 medical insurance premiums through our Healthcare for K9 Heroes program
- Over $25,000 in K9 medical first aid kits
- One Chevy Tahoe custom fitted for a K9 Unit valued at over $50,000